Deliverables and Quality Control for Various Types of Survey
- When you appoint NPM Geomatics to undertake a survey for your project, you can expect us to undertake the survey and supply you with deliverables and data which are correct, complete and comprehensive.
- NPM Geomatics prepared and compiled a Survey Specifications Matrix, for both topographic and setting out surveys, in order to help Built Environment Professionals provide appropriate and relevant survey specifications for tender and quote documents. The Matrix is available by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting the document.
- NPM Geomatics has also developed and compiled rigorous internal Health & Safety, Field and Office checking routines to ensure that you receive survey data which you can rely on for your designs and projects.
- NPM Geomatics works extensively with TMH11 specifications and our internal processes ensure deliverables which are closely aligned to the requirements of TMH11. In this way you can be confident of receiving a high quality and reliable survey.
Standard Tachy Surveys
- Connection of the survey to the SA Hartebeeshoek 1994 datum, based on the WGS84 ellipsoid. Heights relative to mean sea level.
- Survey of all visible features, floor levels, invert levels, change in slope, and other critical features. In open areas a grid of 15 – 20m depending on scope of project.
- For strip surveys, cross sections at 10m, 15m or 20m depending on the scope of the project
- Use of Total Station for hard standing surfaces when required by project specification
- Use of digital level for benchmark heights when required by project specification
- Use of survey grade RTK GPS, with SA2010 Geoid model for improved height accuracy for all other measurements
- Minimum of 2 concrete benchmarks with metal name tag for future use at construction phase
- Comprehensive Survey Report signed by a professional land surveyor, detailing project methodology, equipment used, accuracy and establishment of control
- Control list of benchmarks with descriptions and method of fixing height
- Code list of all points in the DTM, with descriptions and code source (TMH11 or NPM coded)
- 3D drawing of all features and annotation, with 3D contours and 3D triangles, supplied as a DWG CAD file and PDF print
- DTM in Civil Designer ASCII format with breaklines, plus Land XML format. (Model Maker tot file on request)
- Where applicable, accurate cadastral data which has been reconstructed by a professional land surveyor
- Where applicable, a cadastral overlay sourced from a public domain database which is provided for information purposes only.